- Are there any warning signs of mould to look for in my commercial facility?
- Do I need to move out of my home during the restoration process?
- Who is responsible for paying for the service?
If there are dark spots on your ceiling, floors or walls, this is a sure sign of mould growth. Musty odours and mildew are often also signs that mould may be growing in your property. Respiratory and allergy symptoms such as coughing, sneezing, trouble breathing and wheezing are a common indicator of mould growth as well. High humidity levels in your building that result in condensation on glass and metal surfaces are also a warning sign of mould.
Depending on the extent of damage, your insurance representative can help you answer this question. Ultimately, however, this is a decision you must reach on your own. Some things you may want to consider are safety concerns, odours, electricity, and disruption as a result of the equipment, work and noise that may be necessary to complete the restoration process in your home. If vacating your premises during the process, consider forwarding your mail to your temporary residence; stopping your newspaper and other deliveries; notifying your utility company, cable company, etc., of the temporary suspension of services during the restoration process.
As the commercial property owner, you are responsible for payment and will need to sign a form authorizing payment for the restoration services. If this is an insurance claim, ServiceMaster Restore generally collects only the deductible (co-payment) amount from you and bills the balance to your insurance provider as a service to you. If you have a large loss, your mortgage company may be included as a payee on the payment from your insurance company, and you may need to obtain a signature from them as well. If your claim is not covered by insurance or you decide not to file a claim, you will be expected to pay in full. A payment schedule may be agreed upon prior to the start of any non-insured work.